Ginter Park Baptist Church was constituted on October 22, 1916, by a group of seventy men and women who had recently moved into the growing community of Ginter Park. In 1917, the congregation purchased the property at the corner of Brook Road and Wilmington Avenue for construction of a church building. Fortunately for them, the Grace Street Presbyterian Church, built in 1868 at the corner of Fourth and Grace Streets, had just sold their building to Richmond Engineering Company, which was owned by a church member. The congregation decided to purchase, dismantle, and reconstruct this beautiful building, a daring project for a group of ninety people.
In January, 2013, the reverend Mandy England Cole became the ninth individual and the first woman to pastor the church.
As we begin our next 100 years, we are a church in the midst of transformation. Learn more about our on-going transition.